Adanac Financial Services Ltd takes the privacy of personal data seriously and the legal and compliant treatment of this data is at the core of our operations.
We therefore ask you to please read the following important information which explains how we collect, store and use your personal data.
1. Who are we?
Adanac Financial Services is a firm of independent financial advisers, offering independent financial advice to individuals, trustees, professionals and business owners.
Adanac Financial Services Ltd (Company No. 04524584) has its registered office at Second Floor Commerce House, North Street, Martock, Somerset TA12 6DH.
2. What do we mean by Personal Data?
By personal data (or personal information) we mean information that relates to you and is used to identify you, either directly or in conjunction with other material we hold.
3. How do we collect information from you?
We collect personal information about you as and when you consent to us doing so by signing our Data Consent forms, or by indicating consent on our online forms. We gather your consent in writing before entering into business relations with you.
4. What type of information do we collect?
The information we collect may include your name, address, email address and phone number. Furthermore, information about your health, lifestyle and finances can be collected if it is necessary for the advice we are providing.
We may also ask for evidence of your identity, for example your passport, driving licence, proof of residence or income.
5. Why do we collect information from you?
We use your personal information for the following:
1. Provision of advice and services or to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested from us.
2. To comply with legislation in relation to anti money laundering regulations and the Financial Services Act.
6. How do we protect your personal information?
Any personal information we collect, record, or use in any way, be it on computer, hard copy or in any other form, is secured through our safeguarding processes to ensure that we meet our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
7. What are your rights surrounding your personal information?
The GDPR enhances your rights surrounding your personal data. This includes:
2. The right of access – you have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold on you. This will be provided in a structured format, free of charge, within 30 days of your request. Requests can be made in writing, by phone or by email, using any of our contact details provided below:
Adanac Financial Services Ltd, Adanac House, Manor Road, Yeovil, Somerset BA20 1UQ
3. The right to rectification – you have the right to request us to rectify any of your personal data which you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond within one month (this can be extended by two months where the request for rectification is complex). Requests can be made in writing, by phone or by email, using any of our contact details provided above.
4. The right to erasure – you have the right to request ‘to be forgotten’, i.e. for us to delete all records of your personal data. We will comply with your request unless we have a legal obligation to continue to hold your personal data, in which case we will inform you of the reason for being unable to comply with your request.
5. The right to restrict processing – you have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of personal data. In this case we will retain just enough information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
6. The right to data portability – you may request a copy of your personal data in order to use it for your own purposes across different services, e.g. moving it from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way. We will provide the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, e.g. CSV files.
7. This will be provided free of charge and within one month (this can be extended by two months where the request is complex)
8. The right to object – you have the right to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes, and historical or statistical purposes, and we will respect this request as soon as we receive it (by post / email / phone, details of which are provided above).
8. Who do we share your personal information with?
We will only share your personal data with third parties when it is necessary for the service you have asked us to provide, and we will have contracts/safeguards in place to ensure that they respect the privacy of your personal data as seriously as we do. You will be advised of the specific third parties with whom we may share your data.
These third parties, amongst others, might include:
The Financial Conduct Authority
Financial Ombudsman Scheme
Penny Dunscombe Independent Copy Editor & Proof Reader
Accountants & Solicitors
External File Checkers
Product Research Providers
Discretionary Fund Managers
9. Updates to this Policy
This policy was last updated in March 2018.